Carpentry is one of the occupations that require hard work, more specifically, meticulousness and ingenuity to create masterpieces, impressive works of art entirely made from wood. However, carpenters are also one of the professions that often possess the potential dangers affecting the health and life of people in the working phase. Therefore, these workers must equip labor protection devices.
Why it is necessary to equip protective equipment for carpenters in the woodshop
In labor, you cannot control the circumstances that occur. If you step on a sharp, sharp woodworking tool, it will make the wound very deep, easily infected, deep into the bone, it’s dangerous!
Or as simple as smooth polishing, long-lasting sandpaper made your hands inflate due to friction between rubbish paper and wood surface when rubbing generates much heat. It affects the efficiency of your work.
Moreover, this profession often inhales sawdust or toxic wood smell causing nasal congestion, nose bleeds, worse, sinusitis. That’s why dust masks for woodworking are always needed and must use when working with those harmful dust to protect your health.
At the same time in the final stage is spraying chemical paint for the product, which will cause tearing eyes. If not handled in time, it issues hazardous to yourself.
And there are many situations where you cannot anticipate what will affect your work and health!
So please equip protective tools for carpenters right in the workshop to ensure maximum safety for users and work efficiency is highest.
The situation of labor safety at wood factories
Current practice shows that many wood factories, especially small wood factories, are often subjective in terms of labor safety. Most workers equip with essential labor protection equipment such as gloves, shoes, hats, masks.
Besides, the team of workers, manufacturers, and construction workers has not considered safety issues for themselves in production labor. Many workers do not use protective gear or use it is very sketchy, do not buy masks or buy or use. The subjectivity has inadvertently led to unpredictable consequences for health.
Accident lurking in the furniture factory
Every profession has its dangers, and so does carpentry. Due to the various job characteristics of working with modern cutting machine systems that require high precision to every small detail. In the sharp blade cutting system, carpenters often face with occupational accidents when manufacturing and assembling wooden products. Especially with small wood factories, crafted with old or outdated machinery systems or new apprentices.
In the old days, when there was no supporting machinery, every process of producing products from the chisel, carve, cut, the carpenter’s hands made the trim. Sometimes just a little flaw, lack of concentration, the worker can also be injured by the nose of the drumstick, the trunk of a planet. Even skilled workers, if subjective when working, cannot avoid the damage caused by sharp blades.
Currently, with modern production processes and the support of advanced machinery systems, the issue of labor safety must be paid more attention. Also, fast manufacturing machines will bring many dangers that we cannot foresee.
Also, noise, spraying, drying, lining are factors that negatively affect the health of workers.
Things to keep in mind when working in a construction carpentry woodshop
- Proper and adequate use of the personal protective equipment allocated: thick cloth clothes, hard hats, tarpaulin gloves, short-necked canvas shoes, working on high-level belts provided with safety belts.
- The processing of wooden components must be done in the prescribed place and outside the building under construction; only the preparation and assembly of such structures or wood parts are allowed.
- Use only hand tools that meet quality standards. Every day before work must check their perfect condition, and if not meet the criteria, they must be withdrawn immediately for repair or replacement.
- Using tools for chiseling is strictly prohibited if the tip of the nose cracks. There is any damage or the handle crack, broken, has a sharp edge, is not long enough to hold.
- The use of the above tools must be the right function. Electrical hand-held devices (drilling, etc.) on the building must have protective neutral grounding via specialized plugs, and workers must use insulated gloves and boots. Regularly check for damage of conductor insulation to replace promptly.
- The use of woodworking machinery must authorize by the person in charge and must comply with the rules for the safe use of those machines.
- Within the construction site, including parts such as walls, floors, roofs, scaffolding, pillars, etc., only perform erection and adjustment works of wooden structures, as well as install equipment anchor, fixed or temporary. Do not do anything to affect wood structure components that have erect into the project such as sawing, chiseling, carving, etc.
- When erecting and assembling wooden structures in position with a crane, only remove the mold crane after being firmly anchored, or temporarily fixed with support devices as required by design.
- Do not stand working on ladders, and the supports rest on structures that do not adjust.
- Erection and installation of flat structures, walls, partitions, and rafters must have anti-roll anchoring devices.
- When assembling the floor beams, ceiling beams, roof beams, etc., they must stand on racks or temporarily suspended boards on poles, not standing directly on poles.
- The path to the ceiling must be temporarily boarded with beams at least o, 70m wide. It is prohibited to travel or leave materials on bare ceilings closed under ceiling beams.
- Floors must be tightly fitted. Poles must place along beams.
- When replacing structural parts in old constructions, measures must be taken to reinforce or support the collapse of other parts of the structure.
- End of work to clean up the workplace in short order. The pieces of wood with nails must be recovered and placed in a place where no people cross. Hand tools must be cleaned and stored in a designated area. Do personal hygiene.
Thus, it can see that occupational safety is not anyone’s responsibility. Besides the support of the timber shop owner in the production process, the workers themselves must also fully equip safe working measures; strictly comply with occupational safety requirements.